21 November 2005

The End of Eventuallys

I keep saying that I will be posting soon... eventually. I've even put off posting all the new pictures I have taken (from DC to Dinner Dance). Eventually I will get to them all I tell myself. Well folks, eventually is today!

DC TRIP

Done

Suzie and I had a great time. The flight was really long but it was worth it! We couldn't have asked for better weather (unseasonably warm) and the conference was dandy. There were 30,000 others attending the Conference so things seemed pretty hectic at times. It really just a shitload of people attempting to cram into one area all at the same time. Quite comical at times. There was a TON of information. We found that the poster on 'Cocaine Self-Administration for Mice" to be quite informative. Ok, really it gave us new ways to chuckle about mice trying to hook up on street corners looking to score and teeny hypo needles. Really,what's not funny about mice trying to shoot up?! We did some touristy stuff but we seemed to mostly just take in the sights in a relaxing manner. We liked taking the obscure tour of things and realized we are both truely big dorks... I mean who else loves NPR so much that they are truly stoked to take pictures of the Building?
NPR
We didn't do a lot of museums and such but we did hit the Spy Museum which was VERY COOL!!!! I would soo go back and do that again. We also found the Albert Einstein Memorial hidden by the State Department. That was a surprise and made us glad we walked the wrong way.
Are you lookin' at me?
This was our first child-free trip together and I have to say that I can't wait to get to go traveling again with Suzie! Watch out world here we come! All DC pictures live HERE.

DINNER DANCE 2005

The Ladies

It's that time of year again. The time when we get all dressed up and embarrass our husbands by drinking too much and then dancing! We wait all year for this and this year was, I think, the best year. Kellie and I slacked in preparation. We didn't have dresses til the last minute. We did find some and I have got to say I think they were the best yet. No fortunes were spent either! My dress was only $20! Kellie's? $15! We seriously scored! P.S. While on the great dress search I found THESE!!!!
Kellie, Me & Dawn

There were some firsts this year too. Kellie had a date! WOOHOO! Her boyfriend, Eric, was foolish enough to agree to join us. He may rethink that choice next year! Really, he is a very sweet boy and I am thrilled for Kellie! It was a great night. Can't wait for next year ladies! Anyone else that wants to go... I'll have a table for 10. Let me know before next November! :)
All Dinner Dance pictures are HERE.

I have also posted a few new pictures in Random Queen Shots. That girl is a kook I tell you!

2 Comments:

At 11/23/2005 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! That makes much more sense than just your photo comment. I shall have to start reading your blog, as I don't think I've ever been here before.

 
At 11/23/2005 8:56 PM, Blogger Dominique said...

Welcome, welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares