01 November 2005

Snore


I am tired. I haven't been able to sleep well for the past 2 nights. Now, those of you who know me already know I've had much trouble sleeping in the past. Since my last surgery though I've slept better than I have in 10 years. What the hell? Why now? I am cranky, to say the very least. Oh, and the Today Show is boring as all get out today. I have some weird addiction to the Today Show that I have no explanation for. But today, I might just be over it. I am sorry, but I don't give a rat's ass about Rockefeller Center (which the entire show is based on this morning).
Moving on... Halloween was fine. We did the trick-or-treat thing with The Queen. I'm not a big fan of this particular event. I like the walking and the costumes but there's just something about the acquiring of candy that I don't really care for. There is always complaining, costume issues and too many people. I am appalled at how many people we talked to that drove in from other neighborhoods just to bring their children to our neighborhood. I love my area and am not trying to be elitist or anything but damnit, all you extra people annoy me. Why don't you show a little support for your own area making it nice and a safe place for your children. Don't just ignore it, abandon it, and pretend it doesn't exist. So many parents said that the people here are so nice, unlike in their neighborhood, they just had to bring their spawn here. Well, why don't you just stay home and keep being nice and set an example for your children and all those cranky neighbors of yours? P.S. There are cranky people in the Northend too... i.e. ME! But I digress, The Queen eventually had a good time. We have a TON of candy. I tried to get DD to take some to work but he said that he wouldn't because he would just eat it. What does he think is going to happen to it here? As far as the costume, it went over REALLY well! Of course, all the adults got it but NONE of the kids. I guess I was a bit surprised. Not that many kids should know much about Greek mythology... oh, I don't know, maybe it was a bigger thing when I was a kid. Or maybe it has to do with DD's history fascination. Oh well. Wonder what she'll decide on for next year.

2 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 2:55 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I love the Medusa costume.

Do you remember the movie "Clash of the Titans"? Totally cool Medusa in it!

 
At 11/08/2005 8:54 AM, Blogger Dominique said...

It was one of my all time favorite movies as a kid!!! She was the scaryiest thing... besides those skeletons that popped out of the sand. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares