03 October 2005

All that is required

I'm currently reading The Speckled Monster - A Historical Tale of Battling Smallpox. It's okay I suppose but it is getting better. I've just read a passage that I find amusing enough to add to this little journal...
"'What is so wrong with Skeffington?' asked Lady Kingston, setting her cup down with a definitive click. 'Consider the best marriages from one end of town to the other: You will find very few women in love with their husbands, I assure you. Yet many are happy.'
Kingston rose. 'There, madam, I must agree with you. Thankfully, your equation works equally well the other way round.' He bowed and strode from the room.
'You see?' cried Lady Kingston. 'Civility is all that is required.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares