12 September 2005

The Queen's Mother

Ok, so I'm wondering... at what point will the Queen B finally be embarrassed by her mother? I know it's going to happen soon. Every morning I get up, awake all others in the household, make breakfast and lunches, then take the Queen to school. I've always said how much I LOVE Bailey's school, and don't get me wrong, I still totally adore that place. BUT... there's always a but isn't there?! Anyway, back to the embarassing part, the Queen always wants to ride her bike so of course I indulge (c'mon, we live like 4 blocks from the school). Well, I ride with her IN MY PAJAMAS. Yes, you heard me clearly, my jammies. Now, it's not like I'm wearing some frilly nightgown or something, usually some sort of yoga pant and (thank god for the onset of morning coldness around here) a sweatshirt, cause we all know the Queen's mother cannot be bothered with putting on a bra in the a.m. Seriously, she's lucky I pull my bedraggled hair back into a hairtie before we actually push off. Now, none of this seems really too terribly bad except that my lovely, brilliant, super cool, bitchy-at-home second grader goes to this great private, Catholic school where every mom (and MANY dads) volunteer, and/or don't work outside of the home. So every morning I drop off the Queen there are these 20 or so mothers outside chatting with each other, dressed up to move on with their day and here I am completely unkempt and honestly, I haven't brushed my teeth yet at this point. She sees them, she sees me. Then within a split second she RUNS into the building. Maybe she has noticed and she's just not saying anything.
P.S. Will post weird weekend stuff tomorrow maybe.

3 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 8:52 PM, Blogger Dominique said...

I'll make sure and let you all know when I finally make it to the school dressed.

 
At 9/13/2005 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm, yea, I am curious about this weird weekend stuff...was I involved, hmmmmmm.

 
At 9/13/2005 10:42 PM, Blogger Dominique said...

uhhhh, yeah! Who the hell else would it be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares