06 September 2005

Labor Day

Well, we've made it through another holiday weekend! We left to Silver Creek on Friday and lordy it was beautiful. Will post pics soon. I hate the preparation of camping but damn I love it when I get there. It was the 3 of us, Bubba, Lib, and Kellie (for Fri and Sat-poor girl, damn homework). Seems to be our regular crew these days. The girls were great, only towards the end did they display the sibling in-fighting that they seem to do. Funny they aren't sisters, but they sure do act like it most of the time. The Queen B has been pretty bitchy lately. The last three trips we've had together (S.F./Oakland, San Diego, Camping @ Silver Creek) have taught me a new level of self control. There are just times in your life where you cannot believe that you didn't whip around and whap that kid upside the head for what was just said or done. Sometimes it's hard to talk to a 7 year old about why you are so upset about what just happened. Her new thing is a TOTAL lack of respect to the parental units. After her last bout, yesterday, I think I may have gotten this one nipped in the bud. She's currently grounded and was thouroughly embarassed when her friend finally told her "Hey, be nice to your mom." WOOHOO for the kid down the street!! Peer pressure at it's finest.
I cannot believe how unmotivated I am today. I've washed two blankets from the trip and quite frankly, that's it. The smell of campfire eminating from the living room has only pushed me to shut my door so it will quit wafting in while I lay around. I'm thinking about having some cookies but sheesh, then I would be reminded of what I need to be doing. Ick. I did manage to ride my bike with The Queen to school this morning. Albeit I did it in my pajamas. And of course this is the day when the parents want to hang around and chat. Damn, I was beautiful. Pajamas, glasses, I did throw on a sweatshirt since I apparently couldn't be bothered to put on a bra, PLUS I hadn't brushed my teeth yet. AND THEY WANT TO CHAT!!!! I have got to get myself together. I'm such a dork! I do have to say that I have managed to spend an hour rearranging my Netflix queue. Cause you know that HAD to be done. Thank to ms chan AKA Bacon for that enjoyable time and for loving the same dorky movies that I do! Ok, off for cookies and laundry... maybe.

2 Comments:

At 9/07/2005 8:07 AM, Blogger Amy Claybaugh said...

I am like like liking your new design. Wanna whip something up for me? (hee)

I miss camping. I was able to get out ONE WEEKEND last spring, and since then haven't had a free weekend to go. Hopefully we have a warm fall. Glad you had fun, and even more glad you seem to have QB in line.

 
At 9/08/2005 1:35 AM, Blogger Dominique said...

*shhhhh* It's a template! heehee

Hey, this is my first time this summer. With the surgery and all I just couldn't manage it. Thank you though, we really did have a good time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares