15 September 2005

Pajama Update

So I thought I would break the cycle today and FINALLY get dressed to take the Queen to school today. Yeah, um, nope. I REALLY DID TRY THOUGH!!!! I SWEAR! So, the deal is, my best friend asks me for a "huge favor" the other day. The issue at hand was that she was going to go meet this boy for his birthday and seeing as how it was his birthday all his frat buddies were going to be there and she didn't want to be the only girl in this sea of boys. Problem is that it's on Wednesday night and she understands that it's the middle of the week and I have obligations and all. C'mon I have GOT to get up early in the morning and embarrass my child at school. I started thinking about it and decided it would be A LOT more embarrassing to have your hungover mother (in her pajamas) dropping you off at school as opposed to just your unkempt mother (in her pajamas) dropping you off at school. Right?? Yeah, I thought so too, so bars, here we come. We get to the first bar, which I have got to say, seemed like it was filled with teenagers (I felt really old although the birthday boy was turning 27) and have one drink and move to the next. Have a few there and move on to the third, and final, arena. Just had one drink there and decide to stop it there since I, you know, didn't want to not get up in the morning at all, therefore not get the chance to fully embarrass the Queen. Oh wait, had one more shot... oh well. Anyway, I finally make it home at like 3 a.m. and decide that I'm not really gonna be THAT hungover so I should do something like leave all my eye makeup on so that I look REALLY FABULOUS when I take her to school. I set my alarm and hit the sack for the few precious hours of sleep that I will get before the fucking alarm that annoys the piss out of me will start going off and then annoyingly remind me that nobody else in the house will get up if I don't. Ok, so now I'm cranky and tired and roll over and sleep that fabulous sleep that you can only get when you've had the PERFECT amount to drink. Not too much, not too little, juuuuust right! I'm not much of a sleeper really so after a bit I wake up and look at the clock, thinking it's been like an hour or so, and the damn thing says SEVEN FUCKING O'CLOCK! Hell, damn, fart. I had set the wrong alarm (stupid dual alarm clocks) which wasn't due to go off until 2:30 p.m. Yes, that is the official napping alarm. Dan's alarm hadn't gone off, and holy shit I just remembered that I was supposed to have coffee with a bunch of the other mom's!!!!! I was PLANNING on breaking the PJ dress code because of the whole coffee date and all but now I have woken up late, my mouth tastes like ass, and although not really hungover at all, the last thing I really want to get out of bed to do is make lunches. Needless to say, I DID wear my pajamas again AND yelled at her in front of everyone "WAIT!!! I didn't get a kiss!" Teehee, I rock! I love this job! Well, I still had to go to coffee and decided that the ladies would enjoy the whole chain of events entirely too much and kept the pajamas on for our child-free coffee date! They loved it! You will be happy to know that I did brush my teeth before I went though.
Days I have taken my child to school in anything other than PJ's: 0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares