25 September 2005

Cake tastes good.


So today I feel like a bad mother. Not because I haven't done the laundry today (I haven't) or because my family has eaten leftovers for breakfast, lunch and dinner (they have). Nope, really it's because in 3 days it will be the Queen's 8th birthday. I have not planned a party, discussed birthday crap with family, special dinner? who knows. Seriously, I don't even know what the hell to get the girl. What the hell kind of mother doesn't know what to get her own daughter for her birthday? Apparently this mother. I asked her what she wanted tonight and she ran down the list for me... " I want a motorcycle, make sure it's the dirt bike kind and not the street kind."
Seriously long pause because she has completed her birthday wants so I proceed... "Ok, ANYTHING else? A motorcycle is a pretty big order."
"Yeah, a dog, a motorcycle helmet, a new bicycle, oh yeah, and a car!"
Are you shitting me? The Queen is, well, the Queen. Asking for things a Queen should have I suppose. Nothing I can afford of course.
"Wait, back up... A CAR? You are only going to be EIGHT!"
"Yeah, I guess that can wait til later... but I do want a convertible like Grandma's!"
So now I'm back in the same boat not knowing what to get that girl. Honestly the only thing she really needs is socks and a new uniform skirt. How sad is that? I suppose it's not sad at all that she doesn't really need anything but I really did think about getting her those things for her birthday. Who wants that kind of stuff for their special day? Ugh.
Anyway, it's really kinda too late to plan a party. And, quite frankly, I really don't feel like having one. Who really wants to take care of an entire room full of other people's children. Lordy, I've barely made it this long trying to take care of just the one. I feel more inclined to go out with all MY friends, drink beer and toast to the fact that it's been 8 years and I have managed to keep her alive (probably not sane though). I'm thinking that this is more of an amazing feat of motherhood than a childhood accomplishment.

4 Comments:

At 9/25/2005 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shouldn't we be celebrating the fact that you have not killed or seriously mamed the queen, plus you went through what nine months of hell just for her birthday?!?

 
At 9/26/2005 8:37 AM, Blogger Dominique said...

That's what I think too! Drinks this weekend. Let's go dancing too! Anyone else up for it?

 
At 9/26/2005 10:26 AM, Blogger Amy Claybaugh said...

Ladyface, I would love to celebrate the anniversary of the Queen's birth with you. This weekend is out, though. Last camping trip of the year! (With my Mommy in her campervan so it won't be too cold!)

 
At 9/26/2005 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

count me in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares