05 December 2005

A Week Off

Well, Dan's left for Idaho Falls for a week or so for work. It kinda bums me out a bit when he leaves this time of year. This year is so much better than last year though. Last year he left the Monday after Thanksgiving and didn't come home til the week of Christmas. The Queen and I had to buy and decorate the tree by ourselves. Oh, and buy and wrap all the presents. I know he enjoys doing that stuff. Normally we don't decorate or anything until two weeks before Christmas. Boo to you who do it the day after Turkey Day. We decided to start a little early this year so Dan could participate. Got the tree taken care of Sunday. It's lovely. I will take a picture this evening and post. By the way, I have to mention, I am so tired of being raped by these tree sales lots. We know the guy that owns the lot where we buy ours each year and thankfully he gives us a nice discount. But MAN! The folks ahead of us spent $130 on a tree and it wasn't even that big. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't small, but $130 worth? I don't think so. Ours is just a touch smaller and we paid $55. That's one hell of a markup people! I will let it go at that.
It was snowing here this past week. Friends were calling remarking on how giddy I was. I am definitely a summer person but I've gotta tell you, I LOVE the snow. I got a little crazy that first morning it snowed and took some dorky pictures.
Snow, Snow, SNOW!!!!
We barely had any snow last year so I've been very excited to say the least.
I have posted some new pictures today for your viewing pleasure (or boredom).
1. The Infamous Dinner Dance Art Project (see entry)
2. Snow Day
3. Kappa Sig Karaoke
4. The Queen and Kellie
5. Updated Random Queen Shots with some new pictures too.
I'm looking forward to this week with Dan being gone. Don't get me wrong, I miss him horribly when he is gone but it's also so nice. Just a breather you know. I'm looking forward to tackling a few things around the house and getting some shopping done (although not today as I have yet to make it out of my pajamas). We may have Ramen and Diet Coke for dinner (the Queen will of course have her favorite drink of water or Silk, her choice). Yea to not having to make a full dinner for a least a week!! I'm off to lay in bed for a little bit and not feel guilty about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares