17 July 2006

This is it.

In less than 24 hours The Queen and I will be gone. We are going to San Diego for the next 5 weeks. The Queen has surf camp and marine science camp plus a dance group. We've been planning this for what seems like forever but I can't believe that the time is here. I'm finished with all the laundry but the packing is another story. Most is already in the suitcases but DAMN, I have a ton of crap! I still have a bunch of essentials to pack, plus swim team practice and a meet this afternoon/night so I'm a bit frazzled today. I try and start this stuff early but I always seem to be up most of the night before still packing. GAH, I hate this part.
Dan's pretty bummed. I'm going to miss him so much. He says it's different with us leaving. He's not used to having to be at the house so much all alone. Usually it's him that is going away for such long periods of time and not us. I'm not exactly sure how to feel. I am excited though. I love going home! All the time I want at the beach, fruit that I just can't get here, FRESH seafood... YAY!! I even get to see my old friend Chrissy who moved from here to there not too long ago! This will be a great trip!
Last night we drove to Ontario and saw our puppy again! She's soooo cute! Seven weeks old now and just a ball of fun and love. I can't wait til we get home to see her again. Dan is going to Utah the last week of July and when he gets back he will be picking her up to finally come home. We picked her out when she was just 1 week old and she has changed so much already. That girl is going to be a terror here pretty soon. Puppy school here we come.
Ok, I cannot procrastinate any longer. Sorry for the choppy post but I'm sure I mentioned the frazzled-ness that I am feeling. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

At 7/17/2006 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fab time, Dom. Take lots of photos and ring when you get back, okay? Once it gets a little cooler outside, we can totally sit on my front porch and swear at kids.

 
At 7/19/2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Dominique said...

I will, I will. Cooler? YES. Damn, it's hot there. Will post pictures as soon as I can find an available USB port on this computer! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares